Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snow Window

January is traditionally the month when I use some snowflake/snowman decorations in the house. Somehow that seems a bit incongruous this winter, though, since we haven’t had much snow. (Not complaining! The past couple of years have had enough white stuff to last awhile.) Temps have been mild, almost early-Spring-like, so I really didn’t get behind the snow stuff in the house.
Then a couple of weeks ago I came across this photo on a blog:
image
It inspired me to gather my blue glass canning jars and do something similar in my own kitchen window:
DSCN2124
Instead of battery-operated candles and glass beads, I used some Epsom salt in the bottoms, then added some of my collection of crocheted snowflakes inside the jars, and draped a string of white lights behind them:
DSCN2113 
DSCN2117
This is so pretty at night, plus I get to enjoy some snow without the cold, wet, muddy mess it makes!
signature

6 comments:

terricheney said...

Oh that is sooo pretty Tammy. Love it!

s said...

Reminds me of walking on a winter's night, seeing the snow sparkling in the moonlight, and thinking, "If only I could capture this in a jar . . . " Well, you did! Simply beautiful!

Kelly said...

Tammy, these are lovely! Wish my bathroom window had a ledge. :-)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love the pretty jars! Stopping by from FJ- would love for you to come share at my decorating link party at my blog- going on all weekend!

Heidi said...

What a cute idea! Might use this next year.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! Hope to see you again at this weeks party!